Friday, October 16, 2009

Fahrenheit 451

"Wherever they burn books they will also, in the end, burn human beings." ~Heinrich Heine, Almansor, 1823
I saw my school's production of Fahrenheit 451 written by Ray Bradsbury. Oh my gosh! It was an awesome performance. I loved all the extra special effects...in short I was very impressed. I also read the play in my English class and we had to do an assignment about different books that have been banned at one point in time. I was shocked at some of the different books!
  • The Great Gatsby
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • The Color Purple
  • The Lord of the Flies
  • Gone With the Wind

And so many others! It was a real eye opener reading this play. I feel that books have something to teach us, whether we agree or disagree with it is our choice. But the knowledge and free thinking ideas we achieve from reading is the best thing about it! It truly hurts when I see people burning books... it's destroying someone's thoughts and ideas. Spread the awareness during Banned Books Week! (let's just pretend like it wasn't a few weeks ago..haha. whoops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, leave a comment! I love 'em!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin